Dear Joy Readers
For all of you who have just moved and are unsure of where all the hospitals are, here is a list of all the Public and Private Hospitals in Brisbane and the surrounding areas.
1. Mater Public – South Brisbane .
2. Princess Alexandra Hospital – Buranda. This hospital has a spinal unit.
3. Royal Brisbane Hospital – Herston, This has a maternity and children’s hospital. ( see our blog on having a baby away from home )
4. Prince Charles Hospital – Chermside. This hospital has a fantastic cardiac unit.
5. Queen Elizabeth II Jubilee Hospital – Coopers Plains
6. Logan Pubic Hospital – Logan
7. Lady Cilento Children’s Hospital – South Brisbane
8. Mater Public Hospital Redlands – Redlands Which also has a maternity section.
9.Mater Mothers – South Brisbane
1. The Wesley Hospital – Auchenflower. The Wesley also has a maternity section. ( see our blog on having a baby away from home )
2. Mater Private – South Brisbane
3. Mater Mothers Private – South Brisbane
4. St. Andrews War Memorial – Brisbane
5. Toowong Private Hospital – Toowong
6. Holy Spirit Northside – Chermside
7. Greenslopes Private Hospital – Greenslopes. Greenslopes has recently opened a maternity section as well.
8. Belmont Private Hospital – Specialises in mental health
For more information on Private and Public Healthcare in Australia please see our blog we did earlier in the year, also see our blog on what you need when your child is in hospital.
If you are unsure of whether you are eligible for Medicare in Australia also have a look at our blog on Medicare.
The Joy Girls xx