Dear Joy Readers,
Here are our some of our favourite Parks in Brisbane :
1. Frew Park – Milton . This park is awesome and it has the added bonus of the Emerson Tennis Centre right there as well. The kids can take their bikes or scooters as well as play for hours in the fabulous play area that is designed to suit kids of all ages.
2. Rocks Riverside – Seventeen Mile Rocks. Remember there is a great water play area here as well so be sure to pack your swimmers. There are plenty of bike paths and walking tracks along the river also. There are BBQ’s situated throughout the park also and a great play area for the kids.
3. Pirate Park – Scarborough. We don’t get to this park often as it is a bit of a drive but the kids love it. There is a huge fence around the park so the kids are safe and when they have finished playing they can jump in the beach for a swim while you look after the BBQ.
4. Cleveland Point Park – Cleveland Point
5. Stoneleigh Reserve Park – Logan Reserve
6. New Farm Park – New Farm. We have been to quite a few birthday parties at New Farm park. It is massive and the thing we love is there is always a coffee van around for anyone who may need that little pick me up to get through the rest of the day.
7. Southbank Parklands – Southbank. You can easily make a day of it at Southbank. There are plenty of BBQ facilities and there is Kodak beach which is a man made beach that is always a hit with the kids. Once you have had a play, a swim and something to eat why not have a walk through Southbank and check out the many stores and markets that are on every weekend.
8. Orion Lagoon at Robelle Domain – Springfield. Wow this place is amazing. I just dropped my daughter out there for a catch up with her friends and this new water play area is massive. It has lifeguards on duty which is fabulous and plenty of umbrellas for shade as well as water play areas of varying depths for all sizes. They are in the process of finishing off a cafe so at the moment that have set up a little shop where you can still purchase snacks, drinks and ice creams etc. This place is going to be very popular in the summer.
Redcliffe Lagoon Water Park – Redcliffe
The Joy Girls xx